Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thursday Five

Hey everyone it's Thursday! Time for our Thursday fives...courtesy of Mrs. Gambizzle! Write your own, head on over to her blog, and link up! http://lifeasasailorsgirl.blogspot.com/ This is a perfect way to reflect on the week, whether it was good, bad, or just plain ugly.



Entry Word: happy-go-lucky
Function: adjective
1 having or showing a lack of concern or seriousness

Main Entry: de·light 
Pronunciation: \di-ˈlīt, dē-\
Function: noun
2 : something that gives great pleasure

Main Entry: ec·stat·ic 
Pronunciation: \ek-ˈsta-tik, ik-ˈsta-\
Function: adjective
: of, relating to, or marked by ecstasy

Main Entry: gig·gly
Pronunciation: \ˈgi-gəl\
Function: verb
: to laugh with repeated short catches of the breath

Main Entry: joy 
Pronunciation: \ˈji\
Function: noun
2 : a state of happiness or felicity : bliss

1-Saturday my lovely sailor called! AHHHH!!!! It was all I could do NOT to scream into the phone! I did have a little shriek in my voice though. 
2-Sunday I drove to Jax to see him! I was so excited I didn't sleep, but an hour Saturday night...well Sunday morning. Even though it was a 3 hour drive I managed to stay awake. Especially when he called me! I almost couldn't drive. Those 12 hours with him were absolutely worth it! 
3-I got my "Through the Bible in 90 days" Bible! I'm now on day 5! I can now say that I've read all the way through Genesis..every word! Pretty soon I will have read through the entire Bible! A feat I have yet to accomplish, but will have soon tackled it! Woot! 
4-Church. It's important to fellowship with other "like-minded" people. Surround yourself with those who build you up. And the worship is a million times worth it! We are doing a study through Romans..chapter by chapter. Amazing the things that are being revealed to me.
5-Social networking! I've met new and interesting people through Facebook and blogging. I am not alone in this struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment