Friday, August 6, 2010

Journey day 5

Just finished today’s journey.
Day 5.
Pages 49-61.
Exodus 1 - 15.
   Moses led the people out of Egypt and through the Red Sea. They are now free from the Egyptians! WOOT! God is amazing, isn’t he?! When he says, promises, that he’s gonna do something & be specific about it, he does it baby! There’s a passage sticking out to me today. Chapter 13 verses 1-16 is about consecrating the firstborn. Verse 16 says, “It will be like a sign on your hand and a symbol on your forehead that the Lord brought us out of Egypt with His mighty hand.” This is so a picture of the Messiah! We have to have a blood atonement for our sins. Jesus was that lamb. Jesus is the Word and He died so we can have that Word permeated into our hearts and minds. We have to reach out , make that sacrifice of ourselves, and bring His love, mercy, and forgiveness to our lips, our minds, so that we can be “delivered” from the grip of the enemy.
   All day today has been about being healed by the Hand of God. Whether it be in my prayers, worship, or studying His Word. I’ve been feeling real weak the past two days. I don’t mean physically. I’m talking spiritually, emotionally, & mentally. I’ve never had a best friend that has stuck through everything. When something happens, I find out who my true friends are. At a point when I need someone the most, I lose another. The only one I had. Don’t get me wrong. I have lots of “friends”. But none that I know, without a shadow of a doubt, I can call anytime and vent or whatever about anything no matter what it may be. One who I am absolutely comfortable with doing that. Trust enough to whole-heartedly confide in. Earlier today I was crying about how I don’t get out. That I have no friends to hang out with anymore because they’ve all deserted me. How can you do that to someone who’s in a vulnerable state?! Anywho, even though I didn’t exactly want to, I picked up my Bible and began reading. Thank God I did! I tend to listen to worship, or any Christian music, while I study…or do anything really! I just so happened to have the TV on Daystar, as well. Every song & sermon that came on hit me like a ton of bricks! Thank you Lord…for humbling me! He spoke to me today in every way that He is here with me. His presence is calming and comforting. Like a little girl who runs to her daddy when she’s scared. I ran to my daddy. The only daddy I’ve ever known, and will ever know. He’s my ultimate best friend who will never let me down. I may not have the fellowship of friends, outside of social networking, but the fellowship I have with Christ is far beyond what we could imagine here on earth!
   If you’re like me, and you’re feeling down and out, hold your head up. Get on your knees. Grab your Bible and your worship music. Praise the God of heaven and earth! He is here! He has us in the palm of His hand. He will never leave, nor forsake us!  He has a calling on us and will open that door to who HE has planned for us to be. It may seem every door is being slammed in our face, but don’t fret, for He has complete control. Remember that LOVE & perseverance conquers all!

1 comment:

  1. Stopping by to say Hi!.

    I'm your newest follower.if you have a chance please follow back.

    Thank you for share nice blog I like your post :-),

    I just post about rice cooker, would be nice to get comment from you, Thanks in advance.

    http://beonefineday.blogspot.com
    Have a nice day.

    Nan

    ReplyDelete