Thursday, September 23, 2010

Wee bit of Mee

I know it's officially Thursday, but I had a long day and just getting to my blog. I've noticed this meme going around and I think it's time for you to get to know me a little better! It's called "A Wee bit of Me Wednesdays", by Leigh. Click on the button and check her out! So adorable! I challenge you, my followers, to express yourself a little more each week. I enjoy telling my stories and I hope you delight in them as well!




{one}
what is your happiest childhood memory?
It's a long one & I apologize...
My 9th birthday...party
From waking up to going to sleep. I stayed the night before with my second family (my parents best friends..whom forced all 8 of us kids to become besties as well...luckily it worked, now we are all grown & nearly inseparable). I was lucky enough to get shot-gun on the way to my house! So we're on our way and a couple of the kids start fighting over something. I don't look back because just as I started to, one screams, "Mom! She won't let me hold the rose!" Fail. I ignored it of course. That was a looong ride from WH to Lkld. Well we arrive and just as I open the door to the house, Jason (the oldest) runs around, grabs me, and takes me inside like a groom sweeps his bride off her feet and carries her over the threshold. ;-) To my surprise all my family and friends were waiting for me! To sum this up, my grandmother did the Macarena and I had my first slow dance, with my cousin whom I sort of had a crush on. hehe Got my first horseback ride with my best friend. And a Teddy bear given to me that I still have & goes with me on every trip. I'm currently 22. This was overall the best weekend ever in my childhood life. I remember it like it was yesterday!
 
{two} what is your middle name?
Anne


{three} what’s the habit you’re most proud of breaking?
Biting my nails



{four} what do you order when you order Chinese food?
Usually Orange Chicken and lo mien noodles


{five} what’s the best bargain you’ve ever found at a garage sale or thrift store?
Recently I thought I hit a gold mine at a neighbor's yard sale! I noticed this worn, damaged, and eye-catching little book of poems by William Wordsworth, The complete Works! It was published in early 1800's! Not only do I admire his work, but I had to have this, no matter the cost! It could be worth something! I rush home to search Ebay, Craigslist, wherever I can find. Paid $5 for it. My profit, if sold: $10. haha!!! Still the best bargain ever!


{six} what’s the best costume you’ve ever worn?
Only because my momma made it from scratch, the best costume I have ever had was a princess gown when I was in 1st grade. I was Belle, from Beauty & the Beast. I even had a crown. My crush happened to be a prince. Go figure. This was the day we became good friends. hehe Not to mention we won the costume contest...for cutest outfits & cutest couple! WOOT!


{seven} who’s your favorite game show host?
C'mon he's a legend: Bob Barker, of course!


{eight} what’s your favorite breakfast food?
French toast and bacon


{nine} what’s your least favorite word?
I have two: G_, D_. Read between the lines.


{ten} describe something that happened to you for which you have no explanation.
Another lengthy one...
My ex and I went on a date to Mugs & Movies. I don't even remember the movie we saw. I do remember it being PACKED! As it got over, and we got up to leave, we noticed a specific man sitting in the back. We recognized him from 2 years earlier! He recognized us as we passed him outside the theater.
He was a homeless man who was very kind & would literally give the shirt off his back to ANYONE. He said a few things to us the night we met him that eventually came true. We just had to talk to him. Lee was his name. We talked for a bit and I wish you could see the glow in his face and eyes as we spent time with him! He also said a few things this night that did eventually come to pass as well. Things we didn't accept until a specific event happened. It was his birthday and he had a couple bucks so he decided to see a movie for himself. Seeing us made his night. Seeing him answered of prayer of mine. Anywho, he asked if we could get him a few things from the store and he'd meet us there. It started to rain almost immediately. Of course we couldn't let him walk in the rain so we gave him a ride. He was so appreciative. As we left, he went his way. Well....when we pulled away and I looked back, he was GONE! Just vanished! We've never seen him since...that was almost 2 years ago. What more can I say to that?!
 


okay, your turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment